South Carolina RHINO Lindsey Graham and Democrat Charles Schumer are right now in the process of drafting immigration legislation that – if we can trust Graham to be true to form – could grant amnesty to millions of illegals and increase government intrusion into our lives.
‘The first casualty of the Democratic health care bill will be immigration reform,” boasted Graham this week. Don’t you just love it when Lindsey gets butch?
The Senator has apparently come up with a meaningful solution to dealing with the 11 million-plus illegals currently residing on U.S. soil (Drum roll, please … ). Ta-dah! New high-tech Social Security cards! In other words a national ID card.
Great idea, Lindsey! Lets reregister the 300 million U.S. citizens who already have driver’s licenses and birth certificates and Social Security numbers with the new biometric ID card the Bush Administration tried to push on us after 9-11.
Silly me. I was thinking maybe we should just build a fence on the border, deny illegals employment, education, and social services; then levy steep fines and prison time to employers that hire them. That would leave us with … let’s see … three gardeners in La Puente.
This is yet another attack in Washington’s never-ending campaign to gather more information on its citizens and it is completely unnecessary. The vast tide of illegal immigration can be stemmed in short order if the U.S. Government has the will to do it. It takes a plan and a commitment to implement it. If Senator Graham wants a high-tech card he should make it the Green Card.
The plan to stop illegal immigration is simple:
1. Build a regular double hurricane fence from coast to coast and hire the people to patrol it. Expensive, you say? Not nearly as expensive as George W. Bush’s high-tech fence to nowhere that Obama just scotched.
2. Put in place severe fines and prison time for corporations and large employers who hire illegals. This is not about racial profiling. Mega agricultural corporations in the San Joaquin Valley of California and other industries across the country know who the illegals are. But so what if it does? We are not being invaded by Norway. Hispanic Americans, some of whom have a 250-year history in this country, shouldn’t mind.
3. Deploy armed National Guard troops and Predator drones on the borders. We are at war and our borders are vulnerable. Notify Mexican Narco traffickers and coyotes that if we identify them we will shoot them on sight, period. Then do it.
4. Cutoff all but immediate emergency medical attention, education, credit cards, bank accounts and housing. It has been a while since I’ve checked, but last year 15% of County of Los Angeles employees were illegal residents. Amend the Constitution to ban automatic citizenship.
5. Punish offenders with hard labor and escalating sentences for repeat offenders. One good place to start is building and maintaining the fence. I’m talking Joe Arpaio hard labor here.
6. Lastly, reestablish a new Bracero Program. This is the time to introduce a pathway to citizenship. Hispanics who come to the U.S. are by-and-large good hardworking people. They need jobs we can provide and we need them. But we must know whom we are hiring.
Senator Graham and other Republicans who continue to concoct these harebrained schemes and work with Democrats who want to change the fabric of our democracy must be sent a message. “Stop this nonsense if you want to keep your jobs.”